Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

Sand Surfing in Peru



Well, I have done something that I said that I was not going to do,
and that was "not to start a new thing that had a long learning curve." Well, let me eat my words. I tried a thing here called Sand Boarding. Well, what else does one do if one has these big sand dunes at one's doorstep?

At first all I wanted was two skis and some poles in place of my two feet tied to one board. I guess that I'm not used to the idea but after one afternoon and a shoe full of sand I have come to think this Sand Boarding is not a bad idea. The best thing is it takes place at an Oasis two Ks from town, a water hole amidst a lot of sand dunes (see photos.) But it has been a welcome break from the desert that I have been driving through, and somewhere to think about the mountains I am
about to head to, ie Cusco and La Paz.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?