Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

Arriving in Panama City

Well, I arrived in Panama City. This was a little more than I expected, but what a pleasant surprise! They have a supermarket with things that are easy to recognize, and now for the best part, two girls were handing out Bacardi and Cola samples! Or was it Rum and Pineapple? I could not believe that this would happen in a supermarket, so I went back another night just to see if I was dreaming. Nope, there they were again! "Heaven..."









I went down in the old part of town today, parked near the French
embassy and walked around for a while. I am impressed with the condition of some of the buildings, but some are not so good. I loved the area.





I also went to the Miraflores Locks the day before. It is fun to watch a container ship pass the locks. Now I'm just waiting to hear from a shipping company to see when I can send the car over to Colombia.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?